Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Research Time

 Hello my dear audience, today I will be doing some decent amount of researching according to my film opening project, I will just research some bit into the drama genre.

Firstly, I would need to identify the main target audience of drama films, in order to make some changes in the production adequate to the audience, this could mean the use of lighting, color, font, and camera shots, and/or editing slide, since different age groups enjoy different things.


Aspects

In doing this research, I found out that the Drama genre has it's own aspects, something I have to be careful about, since I need to know which one I can use to help me in this wonderful production. Some of the aspects that viewers expect to see in Drama films are but not limited to.

  • Love
  • Conflict
  • Suspense
  • Emotion
  • Relation
The most popular one being Love according to this graph. 

Although Love type Drama films are most famous, I believe I wont be doing such, since my original plan for a music video production as the opening sequence won't really match, so I was thinking of making it either one of Conflict or Relation, since it could be either about the relation of the producer with his family or maybe team members, or one of conflict with himself, or another successful company.


Target Audience

Now, going to the actual people who mainly watch drama films. The Demographic would be unemployed students, and middle-class people, and for gender it would be Females 16-30 that prefer to watch this genre, now this goes mostly for the Love aspect, but still the drama genre is dominated by these groups of people. 

In general, TV viewers prefer the Drama Genre 2nd to Comedy, this applies to all TV viewers, according to research a 51.5% of TV viewers' preferred genres would be Drama. Here is a picture of the graph. 



I believe that all of this info would be crucial to the decisions that I make in the production of this piece, now I haven't really started with the production since I am right now planning and researching, I hope you all come with me through this journey to see the final product. Goodbye!











Citation: 
“Audience Expectations and Target Audience.” A2 Media Studies, http://maddiemedia.weebly.com/audience-expectations-and-target-audience.html

Lashbrook, Jami. “What TV Content Genres Do Viewers Prefer?” Marketing Charts, 24 Oct. 2019, https://www.marketingcharts.com/television/tv-audiences-and-consumption-110704.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Here is, the final part, my CCR it is one podcast, and one youtube style video, answering questions https://youtu.be/8gUIDhJe84E  - PODCAST...