Thursday, February 16, 2023

Research/Planning

Hello blog, today I ended up researching some movie opening scenes in order to get an idea on what to do with certain shots and what not, and thanks to a recommendation from one of my classmates, one of the movies that I am looking into is the movie "The Holiday"



Now although this film includes few similarities, what I'm actually focused on is on the opening scene, one of close resemblance to my idea. Now I wasn't inspired or anything by this film, since I didn't even know about it before, but my classmate and I were sharing what we were doing for this project, and when I mentioned my opening scene she said that it sounded sort of like The Holiday, so kudos to her :)


Know The Holiday's scene begins with a couple kissing, and then it slowly zooms out into a monitor screen, showing us that sort of 4th wall break type of stuff which is what I'm going for, although mine is going to be different, it gives me an idea of what editing techniques I should use for the production.


This Film's opening scene includes a narrator in the background, I want it to be for my opening scene more of a shot in the present, with the characters interacting with each other as soon as the music video is cut.

These are just some few ideas for today, see you my dear followers tomorrow :)








Citations:

“The Holiday.” IMDb, IMDb.com, 8 Dec. 2006, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457939/

geminiklara. “The Holiday - Full Intro by Kate Winslet.avi.” YouTube, YouTube, 30 June 2010, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGrSRXL7mYc&ab_channel=geminiklara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Here is, the final part, my CCR it is one podcast, and one youtube style video, answering questions https://youtu.be/8gUIDhJe84E  - PODCAST...